Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 1997 21:20:39 +0100
Greg Hankins wrote:

> >My question is; do bees have antlike intelligence and
> >will learn to stay away from these plants or will they keep falling victim
> >like a dumb fly.
> Am I missing something here?  It seems to me that if the bee gets eaten
by the plant then that is the end of the bee!!  No matter how
intelligent is was it will be unable to communicate any warning to any
of its friends.  How does the ant cope in this situation. Is it
something to do with their sent trails or have they the ability to
communicate from the dead?
--
Harry
Scotland