From:
Justin Kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 2015 09:22:23 -0400

>  For mites perhaps alternating between MAQS, oxalic acid and amitraz would
> slow development of resistance for all three products.
>
> I've heard comments being made that it is highly unlikely the mites will
develop a resistance to either OA or Formic. If it's true for both, why not
use them independently of other products? Why not switch between OA and
Formic to ensure better success?

It seems that if resistance to amitraz is inevitable, using it doesn't ever
solve the problem. It may postpone it a few years (or maybe decades) in the
hopes that something better comes along that mites won't show resistance
to. If OA and Formic aren't the "something better" and it hasn't come along
since the late 80's, what are the odds it will in the next few years? Isn't
it just an effort in futility?