From:
Michael Housel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 04:54:43 EDT
In a message dated 09/06/2000 11:20:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Colonies have been found in holes in trees, the space between the walls or
 buildings, underneath foundations, in sheds, in drain pipes, water-meter
 valve boxes, abandoned appliances, holes in the ground, piles of junk, flower
 pots stored upside down, piles of rocks, underneath picnic tables and even in
 old tires. >>
I have been removing feral hives for years (until the beetles hit).  The
places listed in your message and a bunch more are the normal area.  We don't
have rock piles here but other than that it is not abnormal.  When the small
hive beetles came thur the area they drove the feral hives from their nest
and most died out.  If I am called now the hive is usually outside the hive
entrance like a beard.  There maybe 5 to 10 small beards and they are very
weak. No, African hives here, yet. Michael Housel Hoping that the Drones will
still be part of the family.