From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 2015 15:26:10 -0400
Randy and All,
 The hobbyist is a hard group to deal with when dealing with Beekeeping. Over the years I have found a broad spectrum of people wanting to start beekeeping. The ones that read and seek help from real beekeepers do well . The ones that think they can save the bee from chemicals have no clue about nature and the environment. If the mite is unchecked it will kill the hive in one way or another. Plenty of pathogens come along with the mite.
  Some people and clubs are doing a great job in teaching beekeeping. The internet is a great tool if used correctly . We have all seen some junk science published and we can not stop that from happening. We do have some great people doing research on the bees. So over time we may have more educated beekeepers small and large doing a good job with the bees.
Best Regards
Roy Nettlebeck
Tahuya River Apiaries