From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2008 10:48:54 -0500
Allen

Thanks for taking the trouble render Juanse's thoughtful letter into
English. Those automatic translations are sometimes worse than none at
all, since they miss quaint little expressions such as

> To those whose balls are swollen, please put yourself in Aaron's place and that of us, who read the list and are not with you and your dubious contributions.

Also, "Peter Borst, who worked in Chile for years" is wrong; it was
years ago, but only for six months. But long enough to fall in love
with one of the most beautiful countries on the planet. If you like
California, you'll love Chile!

I would render his final sentence as

> With appreciation and support from Chile, I wish you a break from us this weekend and hope you return recharged this Monday.

* * *

Y a ti, Juanse, que tenga una buena primavera mientras estamos
congelandonos los culos.

Tu amigo, Pedro