From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:19:37 -0800

> > I hypothesized that it might have been because they had
> just assumed it was.

That's likely, Steve.

I have discussed the fact that we do not know the modes of transmission for
N ceranae previously with several researchers.  They are curious, but no one
that I know has looked into it, except for Raquel Martin-Hernandez, who
found infective spores in corbicular pollen.

This conversation has gotten a little hot for me.  Peter asked a simple
relevant question with practical application.  I'm surprised at the tenor of
the responses, on and off list.  I don't know why Peter's question is so
threatening to others.

It shouldn't be a difficult question to answer.  I plan to wash some comb
from an infected hive tomorrow.  I hope to have Dave Westerveld, Florida
Apiary Inspector, and Dr. Jerry Bromenshenk as witnesses.

Randy Oliver