Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 00:44:15 EDT
Dear Fellow Beekeepers, After keeping bees for almost 20 years we have had a
strange phenomenon this summer. We have bees crawling in the grass in the
area of our bee yard. There are two sources of water nearby and flowering
plants and herbs all around the area. The bees are just crawling all around
in the grass, goodness knows how many we stepped on without realizing they
were there. They seemed to have had a pretty good year, 107 pounds of honey
from 3 hives, 2 of them started as nukes this spring. We know that they do
not read the same books that we do, but we wondered what caused this strange
behavior. Any ideas? Conni and Clifford Still, Bayport,Long Island,NY