From:
Paul Cherubini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 01:40:37 -0700
Bob Harrison wrote:

>It is my opinion that the widespread use of the
>neonicotinoids on yards, fruit trees, golf courses
>and in agriculture is weakening the immune
>systems of our bees.

Then what's happening to other social insects (ants, wasps,
termites)? Are ants, wasps or termites in decline in
home yard, fruit tree, golf course or agricultural settings?

Are exterminating companies complaining that business
if off due to mysteriously declining ant, wasp and termite
populations?

Are retailers like Home Depot and Ace Hardware
complaining that yellow jacket trap sales are off?

Are fruit tree growers now saying: "no need to buy and
spread the ant bait granules anymore because my
ant colonies collapsed after spraying the trees with a
neonicotinoid"?

Is it possible neonicotinoids could take out 36% of the
nation's honeybees, yet not also noticably affect any
other insect population?

Paul Cherubini
El Dorado, Calif.