From:
Rimantas Zujus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 17:39:18 +0100
Dear Scott,

Maybe, the Infrared sensors (IRS) would help you.

A few years ago I was interested in IRS technology devices for protection of
our summer cottage in a country. I have yet a short prospectus of STEINEL
IRS equipment: For e.g. HS 5140 (Protection by light - Halogen Light
Fixtures with 500 W capacity). As I remember, the range of man detecting is
some 10 meter.  Also, I was shown a similar device including sound alert.
There are devices with sensor and sound alert boxes apart (two different
boxes) and the sensor's electric signal is sent by the same power supply
cable. (220V here). You can hear an alert sound besides your table (or bed
:) and the light flash directed to your hives frightens the invader
nevertheless who it is: a bear or a human being.

I am sure similar devices are in shops all over the world.

Sincerely,

Rimantas Zujus
Kaunas
LITHUANIA