From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2014 22:11:10 -0500
On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 9:53 PM, Mark Berninghausen wrote:

> at least when there was a full compliment of Inspectors there was a decent
> amount of data generated.

Was the data worth the price?  Did it teach the beekeepers harboring the
AFB how to recognize AFB?

As far as AFB being found in workshops, AFAIK there was none found in any
hives.  I'm sure there was none in mine. ;-)  However, every student saw
samples of AFB infected combs in the lab (combs had been irradiated), all
students were instructed in taking samples and the proper procedures for
sending samples to the Beltsville bee lab
, the lessons were brought from the labs back to the local associations,
no hives were burned, no stigma was attached and exposure to AFB was a
positive experience!

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!