From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:03:19 -0700
Years ago, I took out two colonies housed in the same garden shed.  One of the East side of the shed, the other on the South side of the shed, basically 90 degrees from each other.  The shed was set in dense shade so I discount any solar factors.

Upon opening the East colony, the comb ran North to South between the studs.  I went around the corner and opened the South colony and the comb rand North to South.

I messed around with some plastic foundation many years ago. It was marginally waxed by the manufacturer.  I noted that the best drawn comb on plastic foundation came from hives that faced South and had their combs oriented North to South.

Scientific?  Hardly.  Just a curious, anecdotal observation I recorded in my notes.

Grant
Jackson, MO