From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:28:53 -0600
> In my opinion it is your point of view which needs reinforcement in this
> discussion.

I'm not the one speculating on limited knowledge, and promoting the idea as
if it were supported by a prominent researcher who quite carefully avoided
saying what you are saying.

> ... valid  points regardless of what Dr. Hoffman said. Capensis and
> scuts cross. Africanized bees are in the area of Dees hives and any of
those
> swarms could easily possess  capensis genes.

Hmmm.  Easily?  And with all the firepower of the USDA aware of and looking
at this for a decade now or more, they have not been able to come out and
say that when they did a DNA test, this is what they found?

> Maybe we need to send some samples from Arizona for ID.

This has been done several times.  The results -- AFAIK -- do not prove
capensis.  Au contraire.

> Yes Allen I am saying that if those bees in Arizona are looking capensis,
> acting capensis , black in color (scuts are yellow *normally*) and posses
> ovarioles  in larger number than a scut there has got to be a couple
> capensis genes tucked away in those bees in my opinion.

We know it is your opinion, and it is an interesting speculation, but can
you prove it?

allen