Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2013 09:19:23 -0600
> What I've found interesting is the conclusion that following to the
> varroa treatment the DWV load do not fall, as Martins & Carreck 2010
> found ...

On a slightly different but related track, this brings to mind something
I have heard in passing a few times in  various places, but with no real
evidence or explanation and kept me pondering.

That is that, after a few years, original colonies tend to go downhill,
but splits taken from them do fine and after about three years the
original colony is not worth much or dies off.

This makes no sense to me, but I have heard it more than several times.
  In fact, apparently some beekeepers nuc out or even kill off old colonies.