From:
queenbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2008 13:12:55 +1000
Jerry wrote:

> Not sure treating comb with anything will help much. We're not
> recovering much Nosema from comb, we're finding it in the bees themselves.

Thinking about what Jerry wrote I would think that it does not say that
combs cannot be a source of infection.  I note that Jerry said "not
recovering much Nosema".  Does this mean that these small amounts are enough
to start an "infection"?  If these combs are not the source of the
"infection" where would it come from?  Does it mean there are always enough
bees in the hive with the spores to have it flare up at the opportune time?

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA