From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 09:06:04 -0000
Hi Peter
After a long period of using "factory milled foundation" I became bankrupt
and as I had no financial resources I started using a "Leaf Foundation
Press" to make my own. I cannot reach the rate of sixty sheets per hour that
I have seen quoted but on a good day I get 30-40 sht/hr. The quality is
indistiguishable from any that you may buy although if it gets frozen and
then thawed it does become more brittle. I am also in control of the purity
of the wax. I am also certain that there are no residues of varroa
treatments that I have not introduced myself.

As regards cost...I am a disabled person and would sooner struggle to make
foundation at no cost than use what limited financial resources I have.

I do not use wire re-enforcement but "wire" the frames horizontall using
nylon fishing line.