From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 2015 09:37:48 -0400
Here's a development with a little something for everyone, no matter what
their pre-conceived notions.

Remember the spring 2015 announcement of the "addictive behavior" of bees
foraging on nectar containing neonics?

http://nature.com/nature/journal/v521/n7550/full/nature14414.html
http://tinyurl.com/ohwnw54

It was a big deal in the press, and prompted much shrill fund-raising by the
groups who raise money to raise awareness, to raise more money.

http://sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150423234110.htm
http://tinyurl.com/nowd8mf

The authors of that paper now reject their prior conclusion:

http://nature.com/articles/srep15322

and are now claiming that neonics instead cause "short-term olfactory memory
impairment".   This is clearly the diametric contradiction of the prior
claim of "addiction" to the contaminated nectar.

I'm a little confused about how the "memory impairment" could exist, when
before, the bees were mistaken for being addicted to what they are now
claimed to be unable to remember, so I have to go back and watch "Lost
Weekend" with Ray Milland again.

Speaking for myself, it's been over a decade since my last cigarette.
Chantix succeeded with ease where everything else failed.  Try it.