Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 14:50:55 -0400
> P.S.  Allen, this disorder does not look like anything you've ever  seen -
> was new to me; and if I hadn't seen hundreds of colonies all across the
> U.S. doing the same thing, then got it in my colonies in MT and watched it
> for
> two years - including an observation hive with CCD, I'd have been just as
> skeptical.

Well, Jerry, as I said further down, we respect the observers so even if the
story does look fishy, and we amuse ourselves by pointing that out, we do
actually have faith in the people and the process.

I think we understand that summer temperatures could easily have an effect
on what residues remain in the colonies and for how long, as can many other
seasonal factors.  Residues, though?  What residues?

We're waiting patiently for the proof.

I personally, though, find it surprising and noteworthy how this story has
been exploited and packaged as a money-maker and by whom.  Of course it was
a great excuse to funnel more badly needed $$$ into bee research, but even
an ice cream manufacturer managed to hitch a ride, and journalists have been
eating out on it for ages. Nothing like a good emergency and a well primed
hype machine to get people reaching for their wallets to help an normally
obscure and somewhat boring (for the population) cause.

We know you and the others will get to the bottom of it. We're just giving
you a hard time, pending further releases of your findings so you will tell
us more about your findings.  At least I am.

Can't be sure about Bill.