From:
Tim Cote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 06:12:17 -0400
>Hi there!

After five years of hobby beekeeping, my young wife and I've decided to
advance to "sideliner" status with a trial of 50 additional colonies to add
to our current 8.  She'll be doing most of the work, but what a dynamo!
Anyways, were to get 'em? From time to time I've seen bees advertised in Bee
Culture (which I get), but there havn't been any applicable ads in the last
couple months.  American Bee Journal (which I've seen occasionally but not a
recent copy, subscribing soon) has a beefier classified section.  Could a
current subscriber look for me in this and last month's ABJ and tell me if
there are local hives for sale?

(Almost needless to say buying new equiptment and nucs/packages is
financially prohibitive.  We have an Ethelene dioxide chamber here for any
extra supers I might buy and I'll just hope we can recognize AFB on initial
inspection.)

 We live in Maryland and I'm willing to travel up to 500mi on a weekend
adventure to get hives.  We'd like to get them soon to assure proper mite
treatment. Feeling kind of woozy about this step, but excited too.
Timothy Cote MD MPH
512 Boston Ave
Takoma Park, MD   20912
301-587-2425