From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 2013 09:14:54 -0700
>Randy, I have just read the Suchail paper. Where does it say anything about

> breakdown to CO2?

Wow, good question Stan!  Now I'm racking my brain to remember where I got
that information.  The obvious test would be to determine whether the 14C
radioactivity disappears from the bee without the bee defecating (caged
bees fed only sugar syrup don't normally defecate).  So, since I can't
provide support at the moment, I tentatively retract the mention of CO2.
 But that doesn't change the fact that the tagged carbon backbone of IMI
was cleared from the bees' bodies.

> >So it would seem that the author of the paper doesn't see that
> metabolization of the product is incompatible with irreversible receptor
> binding.

I wasn't questioning displacement from the receptor site by another
agonist.  I am observing that the chemical is apparently no longer present
in the nervous tissue.  Without it being present, it it difficult for me to
think that it is still binding to the sodium channel and keeping it open.

> --
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA
www.ScientificBeekeeping.com