From:
Lionel Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2015 08:34:10 -0500
Hi Peter and all,

I have been keeping bees since the early 70's.

I can tell all that queens in this time frame, from early nineties, have
declined in quality.

I am sure Mites have had a major effect on this and it may be more effect on
drones

which will in turn cause queens to be less proficient.

I purchased queens supposed to be hygenic that swarmed before filling a
single 10 frame brood chamber.

One only had 6 frames pulled. Started as splits.

I know that the "good old days" were far better for whatever reasons.

Lionel