From:
Mark Berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2014 22:42:54 -0500
Jim,
You forgot, or didn't know, that Friday was also the opening day of deer season. Which is the most often given reason for why people I talk to don't attend ESHPA's Friday meeting date.

You also seem to think that the folks that do show up don't have jobs that they are taking a day off from. Other than those who are retired, everybody is taking a day off. Maybe we should be complaining to the folks who set these days as traditional days to meet, who knows how long ago.

I have brought up the idea of meeting on Saturday and Sunday almost ever since I became a Board member. No one wanted to consider it. Some people observe Sunday by attending Church. I suggested that we could have a religious service for those wishing to do so, along w/ the lectures. Lead balloon.

The traditional date for the Fall Meeting, previously called The Winter Meeting, was the first Friday and Saturday of December when snow and icy roads have been a problem. Much less so now w/ a date between Veterans Day and Thanksgiving.

I have taken your suggestion about moving the General Meeting time to a more convenient time. It's worth talking about. I'm all for having the General Meeting Saturday morning. I think it would make Happy Hour and the Banquet all the more enjoyable for all. Maybe we should move the General Business Meeting to the last hour of Saturday's sessions. Maybe we should have the Banquet Saturday evening. Then more people could attend.

What I meant by what I said about knowing what our members want is that, despite what some may think, our members wanted those who were elected.

Thanks again. All suggestions will be taken into consideration. There are people who read bee-L who don't contribute to bee-L. So there are plenty of people who should know what is being talked about who do know what is being talked about.