From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 2015 14:32:28 -0500
 It is obvious to all of us that those professional beekeepers who are not
very good beekeepers, but got away with bad practices in the past, are now
making their money by helping other beekeepers or by suing the government

That's an interesting statement!   I don't think I agree with that though.
While certain beekeepers frustrate the snot out of me on this issue,  I
don't think it's a lack of skills or a plot to get rich on taxpayers.

Rather IMO it's the mentality.  We all know or have those people around us
who are unable to accept blame or change.  In the case of CCD and mites and
other viruses,  quite obviously something severely changed.  Where the
problem lies is in the mentality that wants to fix blame, without evidence,
and in some cases despite evidence to the contrary.

When CCD hit the concept it was easy to understand the pointing at Neonics,
as well as cell phones and many other causes.  And  it was fine to
investigate.  But here we are a decade later,  and a lot of research and as
Randy calls it,  ground truthing.  Time to move on,  obviously we keep eyes
and mind open,  but it sure seems the tie to CCD and Neonics is foolish.
More likely the cell phone connection....  dang  the tinfoil hat is
sliding..  BRB...

None of that would preclude continuing research and keeping eyes open.  We
just need to realistically look at the choices and options,  that IMO should
be done by the ones with the most at stake,  in any given area.

Charles