From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 2015 06:55:41 -0700
" Isn't
it just an effort in futility?"

For most cancers available treatments do little besides buy time in most cases.  So should we stop all use of such anticancer treatments?  In fact you could argue that 100% of human medicines do nothing but buy some time as we will all die someday.  So, as we will all die someday should we say no more pills for anything?

Resistance is a matter of time.  Until it happens we have no clue how much time.  Could be next year.  Could be 50 or 200 years from now.  Keep pressuring the animal and sooner or later some genetics will come along that helps it survive and bingo you have the start of resistance.  In the meantime the product works so why not use it?

Dick

" Any discovery made by the human mind can be explained in its essentials to the curious learner."  Professor Benjamin Schumacher talking about teaching quantum mechanics to non scientists.   "For every complex problem there is a solution which is simple, neat and wrong."  H. L. Mencken