From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 17:16:14 +0100
Thomas D. Harker wrote:

> Elroy,
>
> I applaud your experimentation but I am concerned about your timing.  I
> would like to hear from others on this. It appears that you are treating
> your hives during honey flow which could lead to FGMO in the honey.  I am
> treating in early Spring during brood buildup and in early Fall after the
> honey is pulled in order to minimize contamination of "my" honey.
>
> Tom - novice with 2 hives in Rockford, IL.

This is a matter of concern to me also.  My thought..... is FGMO mixed at these
concentrations so weak that it must be applied every week throughout the spring,
summer and fall to be effective?  I would think one could apply the oil pre and
post honey flow and still have it be effective on the mite?  Would we not want
to err on the conservative side and not apply unless it's really needed.
Obviously we may not know the answers to this until more experimenting is done.

-Barry

--
Barry Birkey
West Chicago, Illinois  USA