From:
Eric Abell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 08:38:52 -0700
Hi Brian,

This is great news.  However, I don't have a lot of faith in an ether roll.
It would be interesting to sample the entire hive.  Would it be possible to
put a couple of strips of Apistan in the hive along with a sticky board on
the bottom and see what the 48 (or 24) hour mite drop is?

>ALLEN brings up a good question about others using Dr. Rodriquez's
>methods for mite control. I can tell about my personal experiences here
>in California, that I have been following Dr. Rodriquez and his very
>important research, and have implemented them. I have used the MO for
>the past year religiously. I have other friends that are continuing to
>use Apistan, because they are afraid to try something new.
>
>    The closest beekeeper in my town has had a continuing infestation of
>varroa, and he has used Apistan. When I did an ether roll last month I
>did find one varroa, but this month has turned up 0 mites. I have also
>checked out several drone cells and there were no varroa found in about
>25 cells inspected, when there were still drones present.
>
>    I would be interested in others who have tried MO to respond to this
>list to hear of their experiences. I have heard others say they were
>going to try it but have not heard the results.
>
>    Dr. Rodriquez has helped me considerably and I owe him great
>gratitude and appreciation for his work. I know that this time a year
>ago I was trying to save a dying sick hive and now this year I have
>several very healthy prosperous hives. I have also fed Fumidel-B for
>Nosema, because of the El-Ninio effects of continuos rain we have
>received this year. So far no  problems.
>
>BRIAN HENSEL
>MONTE RIO CALIFORNIA

Eric Abell
Gibbons, Alberta Canada T0A 1N0