From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2008 02:19:06 -0500
> Allen, is this cost effective in time and labor back and forth to
beeyards and then extracting, though I know what I do heating with
humidity takes time, but I save backtracking and labor in the field
driving too!

For us it has been cost-effective, especially when the price of honey was
high, and the granulated honey was so hard that a hive tool would barely
gouge it.

At one time, I built a steam room and tried that approach, but depending
on the type of honey, the temperature needed to make it flow can high
enough to sag the combs.  It was for that honey, so I found another way.

We don't have the trek out into the desert you do, and our trucks handle
the weight well.  We usually only put two or three frames in a box at most.

allen
http://www.honeybeeworld.com
---
I do not like broccoli. And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid
and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States and
I'm not going to eat any more broccoli. -- George Bush I , U.S. president,
1990