Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 08:01:00 +0200
Bee Liners

Does anyone know who are the major European hive manufacturers?  I am looking
to help a Bulgarian beekeeper place an order for 10,000 hive bodies and frames
and we are particularly interested in potential suppliers in Italy, France, or
Spain.  We are interested in any European manufacturer, however, and a phone or
better yet, fax number would be greatly appreciated.

Also, Nick Dadant of Dadant and Sons told me by fax yesterday that manufacture
of crimp wire and plastic based foundation (like Duragilt) are no longer
protected by patent (at least I am almost certain of it, the fax was blurred).
I want to help this Bulgarian beekeeper at least learn how to make improved
foundation, and at most help him purchase and set up the machinery. Again, an
anyone supply me with names of manufacturers of equipment or any other
information on manufacture of foundation.

Since I have made a number of post from Bulgaria, let me at least tell you a
bit about bebkeeping as I have seen it.  The bees are dark and very gentle. The
beekeepers are very skilled, and I have seen some excellent honey country and
really first class honey.  Most keep bees in Dadant-Blatt hives, and some are
converting to Langstroth hives.  I have seen some straw skeps in use, 50 in one
location doing very well.   Bulgaria is a beautiful country with friendly
people and wonderful food and wine.

Please address any replies to:  [log in to unmask]

Thanks,

Bill Lord