From:
Garret Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2017 21:58:37 -0400
It's the brood interruption that stalls the mite growth. For me in my location I use a spring interruption (Fly back Swarm) then again after harvesting, around mid July. It's been close to ten years sense I've bought bees. I'm not sure everyone around me that are not practicing this and treating can claim that. Not seeing the mite bombs but I'm sure they could and would be without the brood interruption's. Would really like to get my neighbors on board with this and maybe bring in some better genetics for varroa control and see what comes of it.