From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 01:37:50 -0500
Joel Govostes wrote:

> How do you support your fiberglass screening for the honey to pass through?
> Is it over a tank or in-line, and how long is it generally good for?

I made a frame of 1x4" pine, cut out to sit on the top of a 600 and 1000
lb holding tank.  I stapled 1/4'hardware cloth to the underside of this
frame, and just spread out the fiberglass screening material on the
inside and up the sides, where I hold them in place with clothespins.  I
run the free end of the plastic tube from the honey pump right onto this
screen.  I have used the same pieces repeatedly for several years, and
the only wear is when I accidentally slice into them when scraping off
accumulated beeswax.  I wash them out in warm soapy water, rinse and dry
them for continued usage.

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan USA