From:
Stefan Stangaciu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 23:57:18 +0100
>Susan Nielsen wrote:

>The object of our endeavor is not to reproduce natural conditions
>in our apiaries. It is to manage the bees for maximum production
>of brood and byproducts of the hive. What advantage, other than an
>aesthetic one, is there to maintaing bees in Natural Conditions?
>If they exist in natural conditions, they are not Kept, nor even
>Had, but simply allowed.
>
>Susan
>
>--
>Susan Nielsen                   | Beehive: If you build it,
>[log in to unmask]            | they will comb.

    The problem I see is that too many beekeepers wants to obtain too much
from what you call "maximum production of brood and byproducts of the hive."

    Forcing the bees to give more and more, only for OUR advantage, may be
more dangerous than we usually think...

    Beekeeping should be, in my opinion, not an excessive "industry", but a
harmonious, scientifically based  "cooperation" between us and Nature.

        Sincerely,

        Stefan Stangaciu,
       Constanta, Romania