From:
Bob Cannaday <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 08:32:48 -0400
Recently I applied apicure to one of my hives to test the immediate results
prior to applying it to all my hives.  I noticed a lot of the bees exit the
hive 10 minutes after the aplication this was to be expected as the
instruction explained that the bees might exit the hive.   After an hour or
two I notice the bees were continueing to exit and gather at the front.

That evening I went back to check the hive and notice a more than normal
amount of bees at this hive and what was even more worrying was that it
appears that A Lot of wax particles was at the front of the hive and all
over the ground... along with dead bees.   It was late so I waited until
this morning to open the hive and found many dead bees and it appears that
several frames with wax\foundation was chewed up.

Was this a result of ROBBING as the bees exited the hive and other bees
getting in or a strange reaction to Apicure. I had the front open all the
way to allow the fumes to move through the hive or something going on with
the Apicure causing the bees to tear the hive up or Robbing?