From:
Eric Abell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 1995 00:36:15 -0600
I suspect that you could beed the honey back to the bees any time there=20
is not a nectar flow in your area (and providing it is suitable for the=20
bees to fly)

If the honey is pretty firm simly tip the pail on its side and make it=20
available to the bees.  This is pretty low tech and you have no control=20
over which bees visit the pail. =20

I have not tried this but was told about an option so here it is - use it=
=20
at your peril.

Cut a 1 inch hole in a piece of cardboard and place on the top super.  It=
=20
should act as a barrier between this super and the one you will place=20
above it.  Place an empty box over this cardboard with your pail inside. =
=20
Put a lid on everything.  The theory that was explained to me is that the=
=20
bees will now transfer the honey down and into their comb.

I have always wanted to try this so please let me know if it works or not.

Eric Abell                           email: [log in to unmask]
Gibbons, AB, T0A 1N0
Canada
(403) 998 3143