Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 1994 23:51:45 CDT
William G Lord insightfully writes:

> I have just finished uncapping and extracting a record honey crop
> and have resolved to retire the electric uncapping knife in favor
> of a mechanized system.  I am looking for a small machine that is
> not steam dependent.  Someone told me the Maxant-Mraz chain
> uncapper was what I wanted.  Does anyone have experience with this
> machine, or have any advice on other small mechanized uncappers?
>
> Bill Lord
> Louisburg, NC
> --
> William G Lord
> E-Mail  : wglord@franklin
> Internet: [log in to unmask]
> Phone   :

Bill:

I use the chain uncapper myself after having graduated by fire, as it
were, from hand uncapping a huge crop.  I am satisfied with the system in
that it still doesn't have the sort of throughput that a cowan knife
uncapper does, but is a big step forward in throughput without any
comprimise in damage to frames or the combs.

BTW, My cousin has a maxant chain uncapper for sale right now.  If you
like I can get you more info.  Given the depressed state of Cdn beekeeping
and dollar, You can probably get it for less than 1/2 price American.  It
was used for 1 Year only, as he inherited a much larger outfit, etc.

I can send you photo's or whatever...

Let me know.  Shipping would be easy, since you don't need it till next year.

--
------------oooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo-------------
Phil Veldhuis           |  "if something is not worth doing,