From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 2015 13:08:15 -0500
bees for a week. The venom circulates through the body for about seven days, which causes an immediate alarm for bees to attack the designated target zone."

Is that true about the 7 days? I have never worried about yesterdays stings.

It may be in your system,  But I am quite sure the part about them being immediately alarmed by is pure nonsense.  After stings,  either smoke the area that was stung,  or wash in water.

If being stung the day before alarmed the bees,  I could never enter a bee yard without causing a frenzy.  Which is not the case.  95% of the stings I get are on the fingers from grabbing frames,  while the area of the sting is now more of a target,  a quick rinse with water and the next hive doesn't seem to care a wit.

I would actually guess that once you really excite a hive,  it may take a week for them to calm down again.   Doesn’t seem that long usually, but I don't deal with completely Africanized hives.

Charles