From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:02:33 -0400
"Timothy C. Eisele" wrote:

> According to the Merck Index, fluvalinate has the empirical formula:
>
> C  H  ClF N O
>  26 22   3 2 3

From
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/fluoxetine.htm
Quote with editing to shorten it:
Fluoxetine hydrochloride is an antidepressant for oral
administration;...  It is designated
 (±)-N-methyl-3-phenyl-3-[(a,a,a-trifluoro-p-tolyl)-oxy]propylamine
hydrochloride and has the
 empirical formula of C17H18F3NO•HCl. Its molecular weight is 345.79....

 Each Prozac Pulvule contains fluoxetine hydrochloride equivalent to 10
mg (32.3 mmol) or 20 mg
 (64.7 mmol) of fluoxetine.
Unquote

It is administered orally. It is the main ingredient in Prozac.

Just having CL or F in a chemical does not mean it is harmful. Salt,
NaCl is essential for life and most of us brush and usually swallow a
little Fl every morning. HCl is resident in every one of our stomachs.

I cannot find it as an ingredient of Apistan. If it is, and since it is
an antidepressant (prozac), maybe that is why beekeepers and their
Apistan treated bees are so cheerful.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME