Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2017 01:14:32 +0000

 I am in a quandary, so ask for your thoughts.

If lack of pollen leads to longer lived bees, does feeding sugar syrup
after the first killing frost negate the effect until syrup feeding stops?
That Bill,  was the discussion I had hoped to have.    Its a intersting question and problem,  with no simple answers.   I suspect and just a theory  the answer to that is no,  your not damaging them by feeding.  It seems that foraging for syrup is okay,  I base that on years of doing it with great survival,  but last year when we fed a high protien sub in that time period,  we crashed hard.   Not sure why for sure,  but I have suspected it was because we didnt generate winter bees properly soon enough.
It does seem that syrup feeding in fall does not stimulate brood at all.  but just one mans guess.
Charles