From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 2009 21:42:01 -0600
Hello All,
I have been very busy lately and have not read all the posts since I last
was on the *old* Bee-L. Thanks to Aaron and others for keeping BEE-L going.

In December some California beeks decided to start a rumor and push for
stopping the import. Aphis did stop the import until they found through
checking with the Australian export service the rumor being passed around
was false.
The border was reopened and now those wanting to stop the import are in a
worse position than before.
Australian package bees did not come in full of small hive beetles. A member
of the Australian inspection service is at every package filling and checks
all hives.
Small hive beetle movement has been tracked from the first find.
bob