From:
Steve Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2008 10:39:04 -0400
Dave Thomson writes:
“FWIW I have 3 consecutive zero nosema tests
yet all my hives have ccd symptoms (now down to 16 + 12??)
The two that threw 100 bees at -12C are deadouts, ~5 cups corpses
Tests june24(11 hives), jan20, mar15 (snow angels)”

Dave, it would be helpful if you clearly listed the symptoms that you have
seen in your hives so that we could compare them with the list of symptoms
that have been agreed to add up to CCD.  It is hard to tell from the
above.  For one thing 5 cups of corpses wouldn’t be symptomatic of CCD as I
understand it, but then it might not eliminate the possibility either.
Also, having read Randy’s articles on Nosema, my understanding is that you
could have some hives testing negative right next to hives that are loaded
so you can’t necessarily make a conclusion about all the hives in a yard by
testing only three hives unless it happens to represent a random and
statistically significant sample.

Steve Noble