From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2002 11:30:09 -0500
Hello All,

> Paul Harvey... the news commentator said that Alabama's honey bees have
been
> wiped out by a virus... anyone know what's up with that?

I received many calls about what Paul said. I tuned in on a later broadcast
of Paul Harvey the same day and Paul did not talk about the subject.
I believe Paul is talking about mites or small hive beetle or received
incorrect information from his source.
With resistance  raising its ugly head in the south it could be many
beekeepers are seeing PMS which is  the name given the  virus stage
(Shiminuki)  when varroa levels rise past threshold.
I am going *out on a limb* with the above but hard to believe Paul would
know something which we haven't heard about.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Ps. Also the fact Paul dropped the information from his later broadcast
indicates to me Paul might have been enlightened.