From:
Deanna Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2013 08:56:54 +1200

I haven't seen it myself yet, but I have reservations about how practical or comfortable it would be to use after the first frame - ie, once the girls get the scent of open honey.   Might get away with it on a really good flow.. but if conditions were less than ideal?

Probably a product aimed towards/resulting from the manuka boom - where plastic frames and scrape-harvesting are becoming popular because of the thixotropic nature of the honey.  I can certainly see the appeal, where access is difficult and availability of gear is an issue, of being able to get in and out of a site without carrying bulky, heavy supers, and being able to leave the hives with attractive wets to get straight into.

Might have some disease management advantages too - presumably frames and supers are staying with the one hive for more of the season.

Not much use for me with my wax foundation and wanting to maintain drawn comb though.

regards
Deanna Corbett
Hawke's Bay, New Zealand