From:
"Susan L. Nielsen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:11:35 -0700
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Bill Truesdell wrote:

> I had heard that the reason AHB were so aggressive was through the
> method of honey collection in Africa years ago. Hives were destroyed, so
> the honey collectors bred, inadvertently, for aggressive bees.

This hardly seems right. Destruction of the hive has been a method
of honey collection everywhere, and has not resulted in extraordinarily
aggressive bees. Until the Langstroth era, it was the normal way to
get at the honey.

Susan Nielsen
--
Susan Nielsen        | "Every year, back comes Spring, with nasty
[log in to unmask] | little birds yapping their fool heads off