From:
Ian Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 17:53:05 -0400
Eunice and all....

I believe what Eric was employing is a little known literary devise called
"Humour"
The intended reaction was "Laughter", which is denoted by a strange
vocalization and smiling......
 (by the way, the word "gender" refers to language; the word Eunice was
looking for was "sex"...)

Eric, thanks for the giggles....:)

Ian Watson      [log in to unmask]
St. Catharines, Canada   (near Niagara Falls)
real estate agent    gardener    homebrewer    baritone
beekeeper --->  8 colonies, 3 nucs on order

----------
> From: Eunice Wonnacott <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: misery loves company
> Date: Friday, July 11, 1997 4:17 PM
>
> Eric:
>
>         This "old timers" style of referring to women helpers may improve
your
> self esteem, but does little to raise you in anyone else's eyes!  Try
> assessing the day without reference to  the gender of the workers,
please!

> > From: Eric Abell <[log in to unmask]>
> > To: [log in to unmask]
> > Subject: misery loves company
> > Date: Friday, July 11, 1997 11:59 AM
> >
> > Here is a story that most of you who employ people to help you with
your
> > bees will relate to.  Perhaps you have had this kind of a day yourself.
<<snip>>