From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 10:13:28 -0500
Dick Allen wrote:

>Personally, I m not convinced about the small cell thing either, but I do
>have a couple of hives on them. They weren t given any Apistan, Terramycin,
>or Fumidil. It remains to be seen how they do.
>snip
>I don t give a damn how idiotic it sounds, if it works I ll use it and that
>includes treating with garlic.

Which is what most of us are waiting to see. The problem with most of
the new stuff is that it is not very well researched and can lead to
disaster, a common result. we both have been around long enough on this
list to see the cycle of sure-fire solutions to many problems.

I will await your results, after about four years on small cell and no
treatment and with varroa present in the yards. I will be doing the same
but on one hive. Not scientific but will satisfy my curiosity.

Actually, I have both a hope and suspicion that it might work, but I am
not that much of a gambling man to bet the farm. Nor are you with a
"couple of hives". That is a disciplined and common sense approach. The
problem with most adherents to "new" and "natural" techniques is as has
been said many times on this list for "informed" beekeeping is the lack
of a good, honest trial that proves the technique works. And when one
appears that shows it not to work, as is often the case, it is
discounted by the adherents. You have called as many times as I for
trials and proof and got the same response. There was even an instance
when there was supposed scientific proof, but when trialled
independently, it was shown to be a sham.

I often wonder why adherents to a cause ask us to join and risk all
without much proof other than anecdotal.

But, if anyone on this list is interested I have a PROVEN, sure fire
method of no-loss beekeeping, ALL NATURAL and I personally guarantee you
will NEVER LOSE ANOTHER HIVE if you follow my simple directions. Plus,
in the first year you MAKE MONEY! In addition it will rid you of every
bee pest and disease. It will save your back! It will reduce your yearly
expenses to zero! It has been scientifically trialled in HUNDREDS OF
DOCUMENTED CASES and proven to work every time. I normally charge
thousands for telling you this exceptional ALL NATURAL method. But for
you, since you are a member of this list ...here is my sure fire, all
natural method of care free beekeeping. Sell everything.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine