Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1993 14:41:25 -0500
This is a copy of the message to the minstrels:

You guys,

Let me just take a moment to drop out of any .net persona and say, what was
the deal with that BEE-L person forwarding mail from a government source?

As a member of the DNC, and delegate to the last National Convention, I
wonder whether I should bring it to the attention of the DNC (Democratic
National Committee) that people are using other people to access my and
your security files. Sure, the person didn't name names, (that we *know*
of), but given the small number of us on BEE-L, the finger-pointing was
pretty limited.

I am shocked into believing most of everything Foss ever wrote.
And I am home alone with the baby today, with the wife out of town,
glad I can put sentences together, but barely functioning.

I think I'll send this note to BEE-L and then UNSUB, so they know
that matters of privacy, undecided in the interpretation of the
United States Constitution, and matters of just common ethics are
at stake. I think they should also know that just because I am a
donkey, that I also have serious problems which made a government-backed
insult, albeit true, a bit too much for me to bear today.

I really would like an apology from the person who thought it would
be funny to have the government investigate us and me. It's really
a rather extreme gesture.

What do you all think, ladies and gentlemen? At the very least, I am
calling the Social Security office first thing Monday morning. And I
am keeping that note with the anonymous government source.

Well, spring is here in a big way, I guess. The ultimate enemy punches
me in the face. I guess I played the fool/Hermie after all.

Brent <Pollux>