From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 10:51:50 -0400
Hello All,
I have read this post several times and say to Allen. Job well done! Mark
Winston couldn't have done better! The post states the thinking of Root over
100 years ago and shows the date of the first Root enlargement. I was aware
of both but glad the information will be added to the archives. The post
states your beliefs and why you believe. Bravo!
words.
 I will try to sneak in one little point. I believe when talking about "five
cells to the inch " which is the most common phrase used in the time period
that most likely the 5mm figure would be the closer cell size they were
talking about. Strickly my opinion and unprovable. Allen does a good job in
his post pointing out Roots careful choice of words such as quote:"The
worker comb measures very *nearly* five cells to the inch on *average*. In
my opinion Mr. Root was looking at the question of cell size very deeply as
i hope we all are in the cell size discussion.
I accept the post in its entirety without problem.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison