From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 2015 19:15:20 -0500
Yes, the location is important, but even more important is the weather.  You can have all the forage in the world, but without good weather conditions for the bees to exploit that forage it might as well not be there.

This is the most true statement in beekeeping.  More so than all the other speculation  From how good the flow is,  to if the bees can work it.  This year I was "privladges enough to experience the "wettest year ever" in OK,  and now that I am home  "wettest june since recodes were kept in the 1800  here in IL.

Healthy bees  need the right weather.

I daresay weather is a bigger factor than the others combined.

Charles