From:
george abbot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 07:17:11 -0400
Just read another study indicting fructose for the obesity epidemic.

http://www.the-aps.org/press/journal/08/38.htm

I am one of the most vocal on anthropomorphizing bee behavior, but I wonder
what changes in the bees could happen with a steady winter diet of HFCS
compared to sucrose. We do know bees with do what we do with sucrose and
split it into glucose and fructose with some sucrose remaining (depending on
time) just as we do. The major difference is we do it internally while they
do it by adding enzymes and spitting it back into cells where the enzyme
action takes place. In both cases you have a relative balance of sugars. We
handle them in one way and I have no idea how bees handle them internally.
We suffer when there is an imbalance and I have no idea if bees do.

We do know that bees winter better on sugar than on HFCS. We do know that
acid hydrologized HFCS is deadly to bees. Now we know that HFCS is very bad
for humans also.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine