From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 2015 08:00:41 -0500
Charles, Randy and others on this list say that they ARE below the
"threshold of harm".  They may be right.

You misunderstand me,  I am not smart enough to say they are or are not,
that is an "IF"  question.   All outward appearances and ground data seem to
point that they are.

You also need to understand where I come from.  I live at Ground Zero.  I
keep a lot of bees nowdays.  That's a huge change in 10 years.  In 2000,  I
bought what is now my home yard.  It's a weird lot.  This house yard is 15
acres,  but its only 180 feet wide.  Corn and beans on both sides.  In the
early 2000,  keeping bees was stressful.  Pesticide kills were normal.  Yes
NORMAL...  with row crops on both sides they were very difficult to contain.
Literally every day,  somewhere within 3 miles of town,  someone was
spraying a pesticide on row crops.  So quite literally daily risk were
standard here in most of the farmed country.

That's changed,  with the new seed coatings,  spray is rare.  What used to
be constant ariel bombardment is gone. The margins of the fields are safe
feed zones.  It has been about 8 years since I lost a hive to pesticides.
We are now running almost 1200 hives here.   That was not possible  a bit
over a decade ago.

That said,  its going to take some real evidence to show me this new
pesticide is worse than the options.

Add to that I have several hives on the 3rd season with the same queens  and
I scratch my head when you tell me its not possible anymore.

Charles