From:
Tim Arheit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:21:49 -0400
At 11:13 AM 6/6/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Also a quart of syrup every couple weeks will NOT get plastic drawn. Be
>prepared to feed plenty syrup to get plastic drawn if your intention is to
>draw plastic with syrup.

Agreed.  I've seen a good swarm draw a deep and medium super from
plastic foundation in two weeks (9 frames each) when fed with a pair of
those frame feeders.  They consumed about a half gallon a day for about
the first week.  They simply cannot get enough access to the syrup from
the overturned quart jar.

My experience has been that under the right conditions (warm and fed well)
they will happily build on plastic as well as wax.  Under the wrong conditions
they won't build on either (but they will chew holes in the wax).

-Tim