From:
Thomas Wiegelmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 22:14:54 -0500
Mark Horsnell wrote:

> i am looking to set up a honey house in the back yard of a large urban
> property. it will process honey for 150 - 250 beehives.
>
> one essential is connection to the city sewer system for all waste, & the city
> engineers are worried about wax build up in my household sewer pipe
> (causing blockages) as a result. they don't seem too perturbed about the main
> city sewer pipes.
>
> has anyone had this kind of experience b4? how can one deal with any wax
> sweepings so they won't cause blockages?
>
> any info greatly appreciated.
I have not encounted this problem but i would put a grease trap in to
catch all the wax and ect. I would construct it on the style of a honey
clarifier so when the water and wax go down a drain it would have to go
thru several baffels before it can enter the sewer system. The wax and
debry would be caught in screen baskets and the water can flow freely
into the drain pipes.